Welcome to How to Implement POPIA course.
Sam is the Information Officer for his organisation. He has been tasked with implementing the POPI Act into his organisation, but he really has no idea what he is doing. He is hoping that by the end of this course, he will be able to explain to his organisation what his role is in implementing POPIA and how he should go about doing it.
You are joining Sam on this journey to effectively implementing POPIA within your organisation.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
· Identify the duties of the Information Officer
· Define relevant terms
· Explain each phase of the POPIA Compliance Framework
· Discuss how and when personal information impact assessments should be conducted
· Identify the role of the information officer
· Discuss how to develop a communication and training plan.
· Develop a training plan for your organisation.
- Facilitator: Rene Groenewald